CiscoPro CPA2511

Soporte Tecnico Soporte Tecnico

CiscoPro CPA2511

I think I have working MRTG 2.8.8 on my system, i am already monitoring the HDD capacity, bytes in and out of my SERVER NIC CARD, but how can i target to my
CISCO ROUTER and its ports?

(CiscoPro CPA2511)

I will really appreciate any comment, (I have Windows NT 4.0, SP 3, running)

JJlopez

Stieers, Ken Stieers, Ken

Re: CiscoPro CPA2511

Its actually very simple:

at the command line run ' perl cfgmaker --vendor <community>@<routerip> > router.cfg'

where <community> is the community string set in the SNMP parameters of the router and <routerip> is the ip address or host name of the router.

(note the --vendor switch is just that, --vendor, NOT --Cisco)

You'll need to make sure that SNMP is configured on the router before you do this of course.  Check your Cisco docs for how to do this.

This will create a cfg file that you can pass to MRTG.

HTH,

Ken