MRTG in 64 bit windows server 2008

lado lado

MRTG in 64 bit windows server 2008

I am installing mrtg on a 64 bit windows server 2008. whole thing seems to be working ok with one exception: I cannot run mrtg as service. In application event log system complains that it cannot start "\??\c:\mrtg\bin\srvany.exe" due to its incompactibilities with 64 bit OS.

I realize that this is more than likely a Micorsoft problem (rather than mrtg itself) but anyway: does anybody has an idea how to do it on a 64 bit OS ?

Vladimir Ota
lado lado

Re: MRTG in 64 bit windows server 2008

I found an acceptable solution. Downloaded a trial copy of firedaemon pro,  tried it, works like a charm.
I just have to shell out a few bucks (sigh...) and I am home 'free'.
Regards everybody, Vladimir
TSimons TSimons

Re: MRTG in 64 bit windows server 2008

I believe that srvany.exe is used to create the services.  Rather than
using this command, use the built in "sc.exe" command which is native in
Windows 2003 and later.

I'm not sure the context that MRTG calls srvany.exe, but I'm sure it can
be transposed to the sc command

märcu märcu

Re: MRTG in 64 bit windows server 2008

I'm also install mrtg on a Windows 2008 Server.
It'works, but the "The statistics were last updated " don't work.
the graph is updated, but the date and time don't updated.
Did you have any idea?
Thanks for your feedback.

märcu
märcu märcu

Re: MRTG in 64 bit windows server 2008

Hello
I found the reason: i installed active Perl version 5.10.1.1007 MSWIN32-x64.
Now it work!

regard
Marcel